William Lee Specialist Orthodontist
BDS, M Ortho RCSEd, MFDS RCSEd, MFGDP UK, DPDS
GDC number 66056
William is a highly regarded and dedicated orthodontist, with significant expertise and experience in orthodontic care, teaching and national assessment.
William graduated from Liverpool University Dental School in 1990, before working in general dentistry for six years. In 1996, he purchased his own practice, during which time he was appointed by Mersey Post-Graduate Dental Deanery as a Vocational Trainer for recently qualified dentists. William also took up a position at Liverpool University Dental School, where he taught and supervised undergraduate dental students in emergency dental care.
In 1999, he was awarded a place on the Orthodontic Specialist Training Programme at Liverpool University Dental School, qualifying as a Specialist Orthodontist in 2003.
William opened Southport Orthodontics in 2003 and has successfully treated thousands of patients since then.
William is also a well respected member of the team at Turret Orthodontics in Manchester where he works on a part-time basis.
Other past and present appointments include:
- Associate Clinical Teaching Fellow for Warwick University Medical School – teaching, assessing and examining students on the Orthodontic Nursing Certificate Course, Orthodontic Therapist Course and Master in Orthodontics.
- Examiner for the General Dental Council – examining for the International Qualifying Examination for overseas dentists wishing to practice in the UK.
- Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England – examining for the Membership in Joint Dental Faculties for dentists who have completed a foundation year’s training.
- Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England – the Membership in General Dental Practice for dentists in general practice.
- Previous examiner for the National Examination Board for Dental Nurses – for NVQ2 Dental Nursing, National Certificate for Dental Nursing and Post-Qualified Certificate in Orthodontic Nursing.
- Board member of the Mersey Regional Board of the Faculty of General Dental Practice, The Royal College of Surgeons of England – encouraging and facilitating the advancement in Dental Education and Clinical Standards.
- Extensive experience in Forensic Dentistry, in particular, the identification of human bodies through dental records.
William is a member of the British Dental Association, the British Orthodontic Society, the British Lingual Orthodontic Society and the World Federation of Orthodontists.
Susan Aspinall Orthodontic Nurse
GDC number 163707
Susan is an experienced orthodontic nurse. She started working in an NHS dental practice in 1999, and gained the National Certificate for Dental Nurses 2002.
In 2006 Susan assisted in the dental nurse training scheme, invigilating for NVQ dental nurses exams. Then in 2007 she gained an A1 Assessors certificate for assessing trainee dental nurses working towards their NVQ. Susan is also experienced in assessing dental practices for NVQ trainees.
Susan joined Southport Orthdontics in 2011. She has gained an NVQ in customer services and is trained in taking patient dental impressions. Susan is also up to date with all CPD and CPR requirements.
Lynn O’Malley Administration and Reception Manager
GDC number 127776
Lynn previously worked for Santander for 17 years as a trainer in customer services along with computer systems.
Lynn started working in NHS dentistry in 1995, and qualified as a dental nurse in 2002.
Lynn joined Southport Orthodontics in 2004 and currently works as our administration and reception manager.
This page was last updated on the 30th of October 2015